« back

Wehrmacht Heer medical service Waffenrock

Branch: HEER
Product Code: gu638
Price: Archive

Description

3rd Reich Wehrmacht Heer /Army tunic - Waffenrock for Sanitäts Oberfeldwebel in Infantry Regiment 17. Blue piping is for medical service. The history of the regiment can be read in the History tab, next to Description . The tunic is  private tailored in very fine officer's quality gabardine trickot wool. All the insignia is also officer's quality and bullion hand embroidered. Label of the tailor on the liner- Schneiderei Eder- Nürnberg. Namelabel inside of the pocket has the same firm's Eder&Sohn marking and owner's name added by hand in Sütterlin - Sanit-Feldw. Kempfer 6.2.39  It's in a very small size and has several moth rips and nips. Untouched, as found

History

The history of Infantry Regiment

The 17th (Preuß.-Braunschw.) Infantry Regiment was set up in the formation of the 100,000-man army of Reichswehr on 1 January 1921 from units of former royal Prussian army in the military district VI. Reichswehr Rifle Regiment 7 and the Reichswehr Infantry Regiment 20 were used mainly. Garrison town of regimental staff was Braunschweig, in the military district VI. In the same city and the first battalion and the 13th ( Minenwerfer) company were stationed by the regiment. The II. Battalion of the regiment was in Göttingen, also military district VI stationed. The III. Battalion was in Goslar, also military district VI stationed. The training battalion of the regiment was in Celle, also military district VI stationed. With the formation of the regiment it was applied to 6th Division of the Reichswehr.
The traditions of the regiment was followed from Imperial time:
1st Company: Braunschweigisches Infantry Regiment 92nd
2nd Company: Prussian Fliegertruppe
3 Company: 10. Rheinisches Infantry Regiment no. 161
4 Company: Braunschweigisches Infantry Regiment 92nd
5th Company: 2. Kurhessisches Infantry Regiment 82nd
6 Company: 2. Under-Alsatian Infantry Regiment No. 137th
7 Company: 8th Westphalian Infantry Regiment "Duke Ferdinand of Brunswick" No. 57th
8th Company: 3. Upper Alsatian Infantry Regiment 172nd
9th Company: Hannoversches Rifle Battalion Nr. 10
10th Company: 7th Westphalian Infantry Regiment "Vogel von Falkenstein" No. 56th
11th Division: Rheinisches Rifle Battalion. 8
12th company: Hannoversches Rifle Battalion Nr. 10
13th Company: 3. Lorraine Infantry Regiment no. 135
14. Company: 1. Under-Alsatian Infantry Regiment 132nd
15. Company: 2. Hannoversches Infantry Regiment 77th
16. Company:  Unknown
With the enlargement of the Reichswehr into the Wehrmacht, the regiment on 1 October 1934, renamed Infantry Regiment Braunschweig. Here, the II. Battalion of the regiment to II. Battalion was renamed the Infantry Regiment Göttingen. The III. (Jager) battalion of the regiment was renamed to III. Battalion of Infantry Regiment Göttingen. The previous training battalion in Celle for new III. Battalion renamed. Simultaneously, through the II. Battalion of Infantry Regiment 16 a new II. Battalion of the regiment in Hannover which stationed in the Wehrkreis VI . From the battalion Hameln from Infantry Regiment 18 was also a new training battalion formed, also  in Military District VI. The regiment was now subordinated to the Artilleriefuhrer VI. The locations of the regiment were from October 1935 new military district IX. In the unmasking of the formation, it was renamed on October 15, 1935 to the infantry regiment 17th. Here, the II. Battalion of the regiment 17 was transferred to Infantry Regiment 59th. The training battalion of the regiment was now to III. Battalion of Infantry Regiment 38 transferred. For this was the III. Battalion of the regiment in Celle for new II. Battalion of the regiment renamed. By renaming the existing III. Battalion of Infantry Regiment 38 was again returned to a III. (Jager) battalion in Goslar, then also Military District VI . The regiment was added to 19th Infantry Division. The III. Battalion was a Jager battalion in memory of the Hannoversche Rifle Battalion 10 of the Imperial German army. The location of the regiment from 1936 established to the new military district XI. On October 6, 1936 supplementary battalion ( Erganzungs Battailon) of Infantry Regiment 17 was renamed to the Supplement Battalion 56th in Braunschweig. Still in the 30s was permitted by General of Infantry von Amsberg and General of Infantry Joachim von Stülpnagel  to wear the uniform of the regiment with the Generalabzeichen. On October 12, 1937, the II. Battalion of the regiment was transferred to the I. Battalion of Infantry Regiment 73rd. The regiment was under 31st Infantry Division until October 12, 1937. The II. Battalion of the regiment was then again formed during the mobilization for World War 2 in the summer of 1939. On 2 October 1940, the II. Battalion of the regiment was transferred to III Battalion of Infantry Regiment 434 in 131st Infantry Division and subsequently replaced. 1942 II. Battalion was disbanded, due to severe losses. On 15 October 1942, the renaming of the regiment to Grenadier Regiment 17th. July 1944 the Gren Rgt 17 has been destroyed in the Russia being a formation in Heeresgruppe Mitte
Payment & Delivery
Description

3rd Reich Wehrmacht Heer /Army tunic - Waffenrock for Sanitäts Oberfeldwebel in Infantry Regiment 17. Blue piping is for medical service. The history of the regiment can be read in the History tab, next to Description . The tunic is  private tailored in very fine officer's quality gabardine trickot wool. All the insignia is also officer's quality and bullion hand embroidered. Label of the tailor on the liner- Schneiderei Eder- Nürnberg. Namelabel inside of the pocket has the same firm's Eder&Sohn marking and owner's name added by hand in Sütterlin - Sanit-Feldw. Kempfer 6.2.39  It's in a very small size and has several moth rips and nips. Untouched, as found

« back


Related Products